How to Better Understand Agile Methodology with Mind Maps?Nancy
Agile Manifesto is an important aspect of agile project management and agile methodology, especially for software development. In addition, the agile methodology can be combined with other methodologies, to create a hybrid business solution.
The main purpose of the agile manifesto is to present the core values of agile project management. In reality, agile methodology is used for implementing agile methodologies in business projects. Here you can see a brief summary of all the main agile manifesto functions.
Communicating about project progress and management tools
Working software over comprehensive files
Analyzing customer feedback over contract negotiation
Responding to updates on following plans
Agile Methodology: Key Types
Agile methodology can make more adaptable solutions for different industries. It also fits the unique nature of a project or service. Feel free to check below for the main agile methods. Probably, the most popular one seemed to be a scrum.
- Lean (LN)
- Dynamic System Development Model (DSDM)
- Extreme Programming (XP)
- Adaptive software development (ASD)
- Agile Unified Process (AUP)
- Crystal Clear methods
- Disciplined agile delivery
- Feature-driven development (FDD)
- Rapid Application Development (RAD)
The Famous 12 Agile Principles
The well-known 12 agile principles support the Agile Manifesto. These principles show a series of guiding ideas in implementing agile projects. Feel free to check below to see more:
- The highest priority is to meet your clients’ requirements at an early stage in order to develop useful software.
- Normally agile processes welcome any changes or updates to requirements even in late steps. Such changes can strengthen competitive advantages.
- Frequently deliver software feedback or comments according to the timescale, which may last for around several weeks, or a few months.
- Project team members, leaders, and developers must work together throughout the whole project.
- Try to mainly focus on motivated team members, and trust their work.
- Face-to-face communication is a really effective way to convey information to a project team.
- Working software is the main measure of the process.
- Agile progress promotes sustainable development. All the developers, partners and consumers should be on the same page.
- Continuously focusing on technical excellence. Good design can enhance agility.
- Try to keep simple and always remain the essential part.
- Self-organized teams or firms may generate the best architectures, requirements or designs.
- Adjusts strategies according to effective intervals.
Agile Methodology: Evolution
Agile methodology has been improved for years or even decades, especially for software development. As to implement best business practices, agile methodology integrates a number of key factors like:
- various customers;
- engineering practices;
- business management;
- business resources;
- strategical planning.
Furthermore, for the past several years, the agile methodology has been improved for more easy understanding and adoptions. Such a methodology can deliver better software systems than traditional product planning progress. You should better familiar with the concepts and practices of agile terms especially if you are working for software firms.