Concept Map Creator: Come to See the Big NamesNancy
Do you know you can create any types of concept maps in a concept map creator? Normally, concept maps are quite similar to typical mind maps, and these two categories share the same diagram structure pattern. You can create by using some online mind map software, or offline tools. Let’s check some of the top recommended concept map tools.
Edraw MindMaster (Free Download Right Now!)
Edraw MindMaster offers very handy user experience for concept map and language learning mind map creations. You can quickly insert topics one-by-one or in groups. The Floating Topic option lets you move a single node freely on your drawing canvas. Besides, some of the features and functions are really competitive, such as the rich preset editable mind map examples and clip art Library; the Rainbow and Hand-drawn options; the Auto-create slideshow function and so on. What’s more, so far I haven’t seen a second concept map creator like Edraw MindMaster has lots of features for the free version.
- Main Features: Handy operations; Rich built-in elements; Advanced Slide Mode;
- Price: Free version available; Up to $5 per month; Educational discount available
This concept map creator is overall easy to create nodes by double-clicking the blank space on the canvas. Once added some branches, you can go for connectors between topics. Unlike Edraw MindMaster, there is no predefined templates or symbols in Scapple, so it’s totally up to the imagination of users to draw their diagram.
- Main Features: Easy to operate; Completely free to create nodes;
- Price: $14.99 per month per user
Edraw Max as a concept map creator has comprehensive choices for users. The user interface is initiative so you can easily find functional buttons from here. All preset templates, examples, icons, and marks are editable. Diagram theme, background color, and layout types can be changed simultaneously once you hit a button. Moreover, the software has pencil and pen drawing tool to create your own elements.
- Main Features: Initiative User Interface; Plenty of editable templates and icons; Pencil and Pen Drawing Tool
- Price: Free trial available; Subscription License $99 per year per user; Perpetual License $179 per year per user; Lifetime License $245 per user; Discounts available
Novamind is a new competitor in the concept map creator market. The tool has a very similar UI interface design with PPT in Microsoft Office. Therefore, it would make you feel like creating a number of diagram slides. For the free version, you can generate no more than 25 topics diagrams. One weak point of Novamind is sometimes it may responses a bit slowly when inserting many preset templates.
- Main Features: New to the market; MS PPT-Style user interface;
- Price: $72 per month per user
Mindomo concept map creator mainly targets educational uses for lecturers and young students. In the beginning, you need to fill in a form on their website for downloading a free trial. In Mindomo, you can directly search web images from Google and insert them within a few hits. The software also has mobile apps for iPad and Android devices.
- Main Features: Educational purposes; Web image searching tool; Mobile App available
- Price: $ 39 for lifetime license; $ 36 for annual upgrade
Concept Map Creator Final Thoughts
In conclusion, a series of the most popular concept map software has been shown to you. These tools are really cool to create any kinds of concepts maps or mind maps in various colors and shapes. Users would benefit a lot from these useful features. So…what is your opinion about concept mapping? Why not free download mind mapping software to try right now?