Linux Mind Mapping Software: Enjoy Your CreationNancy
Being a new Linux mind mapping user, you may be wondering where to find a Linux mind mapping software to enjoy the freedom of mind mapping creation. Don’t worry, in today’s article, we are going to focus on a free choice with essential features for you to accomplish your purpose.
Linux Mind Mapping Software Features Overview
Edraw MindMaster is a cross-platform mind mapping software based on various themes and easy-to-use features. Users can create well-organized and style-rich mind maps for a variety of purposes, such as brainstorming, project management, knowledge management, business presentation and more.
Compatible with Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE, Mint, Knoppix, RedHat, Gentoo, and More.
What Else Could You Enjoy?
- Various built-in mind map symbols and mind map templates;
- The drag-and-drop editor for convenient drawing;
- Easy to insert supportive materials including hyperlinks, notes, and comments etc.;
- Quick to print, save on team cloud, share on SNS platforms and export to many different formats;
- Flexible pricing packages with lifetime upgrade guaranteed for both small business owners and large-scale enterprises;
How to Create a Mind Map with the Linux Mind Mapping Software
Just follow the below steps to create your mind map on Linux quickly:
Step 1: Structure Your Topics
The first thing you need to do is to start from your main topic, which is normally located at the center of your mind map. Simply click the adding button right beside each text box to rich your branches as below. Alternatively, you can add some floating topics, callouts, or boundaries to rich your main topic.
Step 2: Try Various Theme and Style
If you feel your current mind map style a bit awkward, then just switch between different styles or themes with built-in auto tools as shown below. The Rainbow feature and the Hand-Drawn options in the Linux mind mapping software are also great for visual presentation.
Step 3: Insert Cute Clipart
If your topic is about some advanced technology such as Artificial intelligence (AI), you may find it is helpful to add some advanced technology built-in clip art in the Linux mind mapping software to make your work easier to understand. You can also add a priority mark if your map has many sub-topics.
Step 4: Final Check
Now go back to check:
- Whether you have missed some key sub-topics;
- Whether all the texts have correct spelling;
- Change colors if you cannot clearly identify the text in your sub-topics;
- Use auto-create slideshow function to quickly generate slide pages based on your current mind map for presentations or meetings;
- Share your brilliant work with fellows on different SNS platforms by simply clicking on the sharing button;
What Kind of Mind Maps Could be Created?
You can draw examples for business, daily life, or educational uses. Now we gonna see some brilliant ones below made by the Linux mind mapping software Edraw MindMaster:
Business Mind Map Examples
Mind maps are great for content marketing, blog SNS posts, offline marketing event planning, software or application development, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, human resource management, product management, SWOT analysis, meetings minutes management.
Lifestyle Mind Map Examples
Plan your trip for the upcoming exciting holiday by using the Hand-drawn style feature or adding notes/external web links by using the Linux mind mapping software for your booking details.
Educational Mind Maps
Educational mind maps like language learning and book reading are quite efficient for both teachers and students. Furthermore, you may also find such mind maps are helpful for you to gain new employee skills after graduation.
Personal Improvement – Learning a Second Language
Have a Try Right Now!
So far, we have discussed lots of cool features of the Linux mind mapping software Edraw MindMaster. You would surely benefit from its wide usages and rich built-in mind mapping resources. Simply go here for a free download and have a try right away!