MindNode Review: An Initiative Mind Mapping SolutionNancy
You may probably be heard of mind mapping, a quite useful technique to visualize complex ideas. Practical uses of mind mapping seem to be endless: for brainstorming; for planning business projects; for structuring reports or daily events. The article will introduce you a Mac mind mapping application MindNode in details. The software lets you insert or develop any specify topics in some so-called nodes based on your dominant topics. Overall, MindNode makes each element of your diagram uncluttered.
- Macbooks based on iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPhone series 5, 6, 7, 8, SE and X
- iPad series iPad Air, iPad mini 2, 3, 4, iPad Pro 1st and 2nd versions; iPad touch.
- The free trial version available for mind maps with up to 30 nodes.
- $29.99 monthly per user for the Mac devices.
- $9.99 monthly per user for the iOS app.
MindNode Main Features
Uncluttered User Interface
The drawing canvas of MindNode is overall intuitive to use. You can do a series of operations easily based on the right-hand side panel. The software lets you hide or display the inspector, adjust the visuals of your diagram in full screen, or check an overall framework outline of your topics. The searching tool can access any elements you want.
Each of the branch in your MindNode drawing space gets its own color based on a harmonious structure. All the nodes will be rearranged automatically, and the width of your sub-topic is depended on the hierarchical level of your mind map. If you wanna go quicker, you can switch the overall diagram theme in different background colors and types of nodes. Once selected the Smart Layout option, your diagram will be changed into consistent direction automatically.
Share and Export
Just click the Share or the Export button in the file menu to save your mind map in different formats like Graphics, Freemind, OPML format, or even the Ulysses type. You are free to edit any Ulysses files once opened your work from the list of available works.
The Quick Entry Option
It is an impressive feature to quickly redraft all of your ideas just like checking paper-based essay outlines. For example, if you are doing brainstorming, every one can simply input thoughts on the blank canvas, hit the button on the interface, then your team will get a well-structured mind map.
How about Running on Your iPad or iPhone?
MindNode is also available for iPad and iPhone. The features of the Mac version are still here with a similar design. You can see four basic buttons on the swipe-up panel of your iPad interface. Editing becomes available on iPhone if you sync the software to your personal iCloud Drive. The overall exporting process from MindNode to iOS remote devices are also simple in just a few steps. You can open any formats of files by tapping the Share and Send button.
The Drag and drop feature of MindNode on iOS device is implemented in a simple and meaningful way. MindNode allows users to directly drag any external materials, such as images or texts, from other apps and drops it into your own mind map. Files will be shown in green to indicate the dragging status.
Wondering the Benefits & Drawbacks?
- Generally easy to use with the adequate space user drawing canvas.
- Helpful customizable tools, like the Quick Entry, which offers a creative alternative to paperless project outlines.
- The operating systems cover a wide range of Apple devices like Macbook, iPhone X, and iPad Air.
- Unable to Cover Images from Ulysses Files: When working on your iPhone or iPad, you can’t include images when exporting from Ulysses to mindNode.
- Less Flexible External Links: The external link you dropped on the canvas is only in text format.
- Poor Pencil Tool: Hard to scribble topics down or cross out any parts on your mind map.
- Lack of the Undo Button: More specific functional options can be added for the Quick Entry feature, like the Undo button.
- More Robust Options: More editable options like various shadows effects or preset shapes should be added for diagram customizations.
Overall, MindNode is worth trying. The tool would make your creative skills one step up, and present the visualization of your ideas in a good way. The MindNode app worth your paying for features like the dynamic Drag and Drop tool. Furthermore, it would feel much spick-and-span if more advanced features could be added. Feel free to try the software on the Apple iOS online store for a free download.