How to Create a Product Plan with Mind MapsSubrina
Product managers always have massive flashes of new products in their brains, but they still need to organize those scattered ideas into a systematic plan. Compared with other methods, a mind map has intuitive and visual features which makes your product plan more readable and logical. Therefore, in order to create a product plan with mind maps, the components of a product plan should be aware of.
Components of a Product Plan
For a product manager, setting objectives is of vital consideration. So what you set should be touchable and sustainable for the long-term development of a company.
A product manager should dig the market for potential customers initially and then identify primary users, secondary users, and core users to provide them with relevant marketing strategy.
Good product positioning should be consistent with its company to strengthen its brand image. Positioning is not just product positioning but also contains marketing positioning and user positioning.
At least five features should be listed to present your core competitiveness of the product in the rat race.
Product feasibility consists of technique feasibility, financial feasibility, and social feasibility. In this stage, the analysis of rival products should be emphasized.
Financial analysis is the foundation for launching a product, so a product manager should have a strong sense of considering price setting, forecast, cost, and revenue.
Tasks can be set to plan a schedule easily. Therefore, a product manager should allocate tasks and monitor the whole process of product execution. If any unexpected situations like delay appear, you should modify and adjust in time according to schedule.
Steps of Designing a Product Plan with a Free Mind Map Tool
- Put those components into the first branch as the main topics. Under this stage, these parts are really close to the main idea – Product Plan.
- Branch off to deepen the contents components in the stage as subtopics. You can add abundant subtopics without any limitations to explore each part of the product plan.
- Gather same-theme topics into a boundary or make a summary.
- Stylize mind map with theme and background to your product plan mind map and decorate with clip arts and marks. If there are no resources of your need, you can add picture and attachment to fulfill your mind map.
- Set tasks for the schedule and View Gantt chart to monitor the whole processes.
Certainly, a mature product plan really takes time and efforts. But the whole plan will give a comprehensive analysis of the product coming to the markets. Creating a product plan with mind maps to boost the efficiency and improve the readability really works.