SimpleMind Review: Simple Innovation as It Could BeNancy
SimpleMind, as a mind mapping software for Windows, provides solutions for both remote and desktop casual mind map creations. The software is known as its smoothness on devices and customizable visuals. By using SimpleMind, you can create any mind mapping diagrams covering from the daily itinerary to business tasks.
- OS X Yosemite 10.10 or higher versions
- Windows 7 or higher versions
- iOS 8 or higher versions
- Android Honeycomb 3.2 or higher versions
- 30-day Free Trial available
- Single user starts from 23.99 EUR per month
- Family users start from 37.5 EUR per month
- 10-pack small business users start from 75 EUR per month
- App available from 5.99 EUR per user
SimpleMind Features Outline
Clear User Dashboard
The user dashboard is quite similar to the SimpleMind app version, which is simple. The only two toolbars you can find right within the creation area are the top editable options and right-hand side panel. You can access different layout types, color choices, zoom in or out and print your work from the top toolbar. On the right of the user interface, you can check a list of features, like the Community, the Creativity, and the Learn Though Mistakes.
Easy to Edit
The node editing tool of SimpleMind is just like its name. You can do the majority of moves even without hitting any buttons. Just choose a current preset button with a few clicks to add a node, collapse nodes or move nodes. The process for moving group topics are also simple with no more than clicking, holding and dragging all the selected nodes. All of your added notes will be shown in a yellow circle for you to draw up for a review. After finishing your changes, hitting the Zoon to Fit option to have your whole mind map fit on the screen.
The Android version of SimepleMind offers users a series of benefits, like saving the diagram to some other cloud platform DropBox. The overall connection between the SimpleMind desktop version and app is smooth, so you can make edits on your mobile and have changes show up on your MacBook a few minutes later.
SimpleMind: Benefits VS Weaknesses
- Easy design interface and drawing canvas.
- Convenient to edit topics and add items by some colorful indicators and review tools.
- Quick connection between SimpleMind app and desktop versions.
- Easy to share and store your work on external cloud platforms.
- Not easy to transfer your lincese from the existing device to your new one. Hence additional license may occur.
- Sometimes bugs may occur for the SimpleMind app.
- Currently lacks option for team collaboration, i.e. several memebers working on the diagram simultaneously. In this case less flexible than some other mind mapping tools.
- May have to reboot mobile before sending your mind map to others.
- Should better include multiple connections to a single text box; More editable options for connecting lines and shapes etc.
All in all, the mind mapping tool offers you the chance to hit the ground running and set up your own mind maps within minutes. Simple rules of thumb help you sorting and draw concepts in SimpleMind, and the Android or iOS apps assist you thinking away from the desktop devices. Currently, the majority of technical problems comes from the SimpleMind app, where the team needs to improve the user experience.