Top 7 Online Mind Mapping Tools in 2019Cindy
One great way to understand the underlying purpose and strategy of a project is to use a Mind Mapping software. It is an incredible way to brainstorm new ideas. Instead of just listing, you will be able to link the ideas in different ways. Think creatively instead of thinking linearly.
With big ideas comes Mind Mapping. Thereon you can proceed on to smaller concepts. A big idea consists of several small ideas like a tree with small branches. This means you can follow a brand in order to get to the primary idea. Thus, if you are not familiar we are going to walk you through the details.
Mind Mapping Software: What is it?
Mind Mapping software is actually a tool to brainstorm. It helps in creating a visual diagram of the ideas you have. If you use a software, you can make a map of your ideas. This serves as a conceptual map which shows the connections and hierarchy in between various ideas.
The software can range from simple apps to complex diagraming and data visualization tools. Mind Map creator can be helpful in the following instances.
- Brainstorming: To create Mind Maps, present ideas and visually organize.
- Web Design and Software Development: Make wireframes and also site map diagrams.
- Diagramming: Develop engineering diagrams, architectural plans, project timelines, network diagrams, org charts, and other technical and business diagrams.
- Business Intelligence: Visualize and import live data from the application of the business in diagrams and charts.
A Mind Map is a web that shows the relationship between different ideas.
Key Pointers before Using a Mind Map
It is a valuable tool for people who are busy. However, you need to know certain in order to choose the right one. Here are some of the factors that you need to consider.
- Paid or Free
While doing Mindmapping online, you need to take whatever you get for free. It is more of a habit than a practice. Hence, it is better to build a habit than pay a dime at first.
- Online or Offline
You will find several Mind Map maker online apps. However, if you happen to be on a spotty connection then an offline software might be the best.
- Ease of Use
The best way to Mind Map is by using a pen and paper. You should compare software with similar ease.
- Look and Feel
The Mind Map’s aesthetic factor should also be taken into consideration.
- Variety of Templates
When you create Mind Map online with templates, you can save a lot of time. Hence, it is necessary to check the varieties available.
- Import and Export
There are many tools which accept other formats as an import. PDF is necessary as an expert format.
This is important when you work within a shared workspace and brainstorm with a team.
List of Mind Mapping Tools
This is a multifunctional and cross-platform mapping Mind Map maker. With this, it is easy to share and create Mind Map online.
- Mind Map offers a large collection of templates, clip-art, and vector diagrams for stirring creativity when you draw Mind Maps. Hence, irrespective of your purpose, you are always going to find ready-made templates.
- If you are not with making slides you do not have to worry. One of the benefits of the app is that it creates slides automatically and separates them into branches.
- It comes with cloud collaboration which can come in handy for project management.
- The app has Gantt chart mode which enables you to visualize the work and then track its progress.
- Intuitive interface which is easy to use.
- Large library of ready-made templates.
- User guides and tutorials on the company’s website.
- Expensive than the other apps in business.
Unlike the other present on the list, Lucidchart is a Mind Mapping app. This is an online diagramming app which can be used for various tasks. It is web-based and is used by 6 million users across the world.
- Helps in connecting and importing live data.
- It comes with network diagram software.
- This is a completely secure online platform and the developers made sure that they follow the best practices of the industry to protect the data.
- It gas comment functionalities and chat capabilities for you to collaborate with others in real time.
- The app comes with a scalable interface for rapidly advancing businesses. It has been engineered to provide with the changing needs of the company.
- A design that is simple to use.
- Various types of tools for creating a chart.
- Enables you to realize the issues and collaborate in real time, globally, for resolving the problems.
- It is mobile friendly and you can create a design just from your pocket.
- Not a diverse collection of the template as the other tools.
This is a strong tool that has everything, starting from easy keyboard shortcuts to the feature to include live video inside the nodes. It is flexible in developing concept maps which work for you.
- It enables you to collaborate anywhere you want and share it with as many people as you want.
- The built-in presentation mode converts your Mind Map into something beautiful.
- It integrates with MeisterTask which is an online project management app. Thus, when you are done with your planning at MindMeister, you can just drop it to MeisterTask for turning them to actionable tasks.
- It makes it possible to create a concept map just the way you prefer. In fact, you can also use emoji.
- With this, you can export the map into different formats.
- It allows you to store more information.
- Due to the size of the texts, it might be difficult to use on the phones.
This is the app is lauded for its simplicity. It can be used in your browser and comes in three flavors: Organization, Awesome, and Free.
- Develops Mind Maps with colored branched and nodes.
- Add detailed notes or comments to the branches.
- Images can be dragged and dropped from the desktop to the Mind Map. There is no limitation on the images.
- Mind Map maker online is collaborative. Thus, you can either work alone or invite in your teams.
- You can message the members of the team and leave notes in real time.
- Mind Map creator enables you to download the Mind Map as text, PDF, and PNG.
- It supports Markdown.
- Allows an invitation to colleagues and friends.
- Several export options.
- It has an unconventional way to take down notes.
This is a desktop tool for making diagrams. It can be used for iOS, as well as Android mobile phones. With this Mind Map tool, you can work offline.
- The Mind Map online free enables real-time collaboration through email.
- A shape or a line connecting to it can be created just with a simple click.
- It comes with a drag and drop facility for various shapes.
- There is a PDF export facility.
- It is easy to use and works pretty fast.
- The export and import features are great.
- No much ready-made templates.
This is a Mind Map that is used by several individuals. It has several features to make the Mind Mapping process easier.
- The software comes with ready to use photos, images, shapes, icons, and fonts.
- It has a Free Forever plan that includes the regular drag-in and drop editors.
- There are over 8000 templates to use.
- The app has a photo straightener which can be used to angle or rotate images.
- It can support 10 team members.
- It is easy to download the infographic or presentation into a file type you prefer for emailing or posting on social media.
- There are photo editing tools for improving the quality of photos.
- There are numerous templates for organization charts.
- It does allow collaboration.
With this, it is possible to create efficacious Mind Maps. It is one of the simple to use software that is available.
- There is a collection of professionally designed templates to choose from.
- The drag-and-drop feature enables you to add ideas, links, and points.
- There are thousands of icons and images to choose from.
- With the software, it is easy to collaborate with tour team.
- It can be exported in PDF or PNG format.
- Easy to use.
- Several templates and images to choose from.
- Allows collaboration with team members.
- Limits sharing to premium users.
Prior to choosing the right software, it is necessary to decide the role that it plays in your workflow. If you ask yourself why you need it, you might be able to choose the best Mind Map creator. You won’t really know how beneficial a Mind Map can be until you have tried it out. Since there are so many free versions there is no reason not to try these out. Mind Map tools are advantageous for people who like seeing things in a different manner and prefer visualizing their ideas.